Wednesday, February 13, 2008

The snow falls sideways,

In big flakes right outside of my window. I'm sitting here hoping that a jet engine or something will fall on my head because I don't want to face another crap day at work. No I don't ride my bike to work, I should but I don't. Honestly, because I can't force myself to wake early enough to get ready and make it there in time. I don't do a lot of things on my bike that I should, like training.

I haven't so much as sat on my bike since the Dirty Dozen. That makes 80 whole days without turning a pedal. Fuck. I don't know why exactly, primarily though I think it was the damage done to my body by doing that ride. I did the dozen with exactly two herniated discs in my lower back (between l3 & l4, to be precise). I remember getting home and never being more satisfied and never feeling so stupid. Seriouly I couldn't stand up straight for about two weeks and have ever since that day had a ridiculous pain/numbness in my left leg. Hooray.

And of course almost immediately after that I decided to give up being a newly christened non-smoker. Brilliant.

So, maybe today I'll ignore the numbness, the fatness (remember it's been 80 days, and I was never exactly svelte), and the general malaise that comes from winter in Pittsburgh and hop on the trainer or the rollers to hurt myself a little bit.

Here's to being back on the wagon.

No comments: